Thursday, November 1, 2012

L.O.L.A





L.OL.A is a jewelery shop with lots of lovely romantic and dreamy earings, necklaces and a lot more. We made a  little interview with the owner of the shop. Hope you maddies like it ^^ 
1) Tell a bit about yourself (studies, interests, hobby's) 
I am Lola, an appreciator of chocolate, hugs, and ouistitis. I am from Liège – Belgium – and I’ve just graduated from the University of Maastricht - The Netherlands - were I studied Psychology & International Relations. Apart from nerding for university and gluing my fingers while creating jewelries, I like to dance, to play the piano and to bake cakes.
 2) What inspired you to make jewelries? 
When I was 9 years old, people were completely crazy about rings made out of tiny Swarovski crystals. I wanted to make my mum and my aunt happy so I bought beads and then tried to figure out how to create something out of them. It was a funny jigsaw puzzle to solve.
One day, a woman wanted to buy my aunt’s ring, no matter the price! So I got some $$$ in my eyes but was above all very happy that someone was ready to buy my jewelries! Ps: I want to emphasis the second part of the sentence here 
Then, with time, the crystals’ trend faded away and as I have never really worn jewelries, I stopped making them.
3) When did you started? 
In 2010 I randomly started to buy beads as I was procrastinating on the Web. That summer, I locked myself into my bedroom and produced tone of jewelries. Since then, I have been trying to create new items as often as possible. I wanted to give to my jewelries a name that was short, a bit narcissistic (lol) and easy to remember. I simply choose L.O.L.A because it is my first name plus 3 dots between the letters (my last name is Troisfontaines and “Trois” is the French word for 3…) 
4) Where do you get your inspiration? 
From a practical viewpoint, I love building and fixing things, from wardrobes and wedding cakes to bandages. I somehow see jewelries as constructions (e.g. you assemble pieces, remove parts, glue & fix others…). When it comes to inspiration, I don’t really know what to say, it is more like a “moody thing”: it depends how I feel, what I’ve eaten, who I meet, where I am…
Share:

7 comments

Angie J. said...

gorgeous pictures :)
and such a cute interview!

x
Angie || sundaybelle.com

Ruby And Siel said...

That about the dollar signs made me laugh haha! You have a great writing style :) Love you're story too !

Natalia L. said...

Ohhh, the hot-air ballons accessories are my favourites! <3

Girls that glitter love the dark
xoxo

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

adorable accessory and great post text!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog

Chiara said...

to be honest, i've never heard of L.O.L.A. but now, i'm so proud that it's a Belgian company.:)
really nice collection !

Chiara♥
xmisschiarax.blogspot.be

BLOG | Instagram | Polyvore | bloglovin'

Amy K said...

Great blog. Would you like to follow each other?

Much Love,
http://amyklundt.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Loved the interview and the collection is beautiful<3

:D

Love,
Dipika.
www.dipikasyngai.blogspot.com

© The Mad Twins | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig