Monday, August 25, 2014

PenFriend

~ Ao Haru Ride -  "アオハライド 



Hello Everybody, today I've made a special post. I want to introduce you to somebody very special! I have been exchanging e-mail with a friend called Maiko from Japan lately and we decided to write letters to each other. It's pretty much the first time I'm actually writing to a penfriend. I really wanted to mention she is really talented in voice acting! She already won a price. You can see her here. wonderful, isn't it? She is also going to do the lead voice of this anime. She also has a blog, so please check it out ^_^ She was so kind to send me a birthday present as well. When the package arrived I was surprised, because I wasn't expecting this much. I couldn't actually open the package immediately because I had to head of to my exam. (which went well, I guess). She always supports me and is so kind! And because of her kindness, I decided to do something in return. First of all I wanted to write this post to show my appreciation to her, and later on I'm of course going to reply and search for something local and nice to send back to her. I can't wait to start writing! She had pasted stickers with numbers on the presents and in the letter she explained what it was. Isn't that so adorable and thoughtful! As you can see she gave me, chopsticks, Japanese candy, a clip book maker (isn't it beautiful!), a mirror ( from handmade Japanese paper!) and a Japanese paper fan. This is a souvenir from Kyoto. I hope I can visit Kyoto one day too, because I think it's really beautiful. She also bought me eye shadow and a lip pallet. I love the colors. Thank you so much for your letter, Maiko. I'm sure you are going to achieve your dream! I'm your fan















Share:

13 comments

Nagareboshi said...

What a lovely surprise! It's always nice receiving actual letters, especially if they are that cute. ^^

Enara Girl said...

Hello! Answering your comment, I like Tidestore clothes but I don't have any of them. They are very very cute things the ones that you show us. I had penfriend long time ago and she is still my friend. I checked your friend's blog but I don't understand anything. Lots of hugs!

Sarah said...

I love love love sending and receiving snail mail and this is the cutest parcel! <3

Sarah said...

I love love love sending and receiving snail mail and this is the cutest parcel! <3

Ginger made in Japan said...

oh such kawaii things :o I wish I had them :3

Beauty Follower said...

Lovely fan!

kiss
from
Greece

lovepirate said...

I used to have a lot of penpals when I was younger (and still had time for writing letters). :) And I still think it's such a lovely hobby.
How cute of your friend to send you all these presents. ♥ :3 And in my opinion she is very talented as a seiyuu.

Star said...

I absolutely love this! What adorable stationery. It reminds me of some of the stuff I saw at Hyper Japan 2014. I won't lie, I saw some of the kawaii and lolita stuff and immediately thought of the both of you, Paris and London!

My sister and I went to Cyprus and she brought back FOUR fans for my Mum. They had pretty patterns on them, like this one. But for some reason the little metal rod at the bottom keeps coming out of some of them so the fan doesn't spread properly. =/ Maybe they weren't well made.

That's so awesome to have a penfriend! I have a couple epals or whatever they're called now, back from the days when I was online ALLL THE TIIIME O_O Not one from Japan though. That would be so cool because it would be great to hear more about Japanese culture.

Thanks for sharing!! Sorry I've been MIA!

mywhiteT said...

Love all the items, I want to try most of them. Great post. mywhiteT.com

Katie Frank said...

Oh, I know this amazing feeling. I also write letters with few friends and it's so lovely feeling when you find a parcel or just letter in mail box! <3

http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Katie Frank said...

Oh, I know this amazing feeling. I also write letters with few friends and it's so lovely feeling when you find a parcel or just letter in mail box! <3

http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Maiko said...

Thanks a lot always!Ruby:D
I hope we can get together!

Anonymous said...

I'm constantly browsing online for ideas that can benefit me.
And I have discovered yours. Thanks a bunch!

© The Mad Twins | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig