Friday, August 31, 2012

Itadakimasu

The title of this blog post already tells you a lot what this post is about. The pictures probably even more so. Let's first explain the word "itadakimasu " to you. First of all it's Japanese. The word literally means "I humbly receive."  It's the same like saying in french : "Bon Appetit"  They say it to express there gratitude for all who played a roll in preparing, cultivating, ranching or hunting the food. 
.








After explaining the word I'll now present you the food. I think everyone is familiar with it. I was very excited since I was going to learn how to make sushi. It took longer then expected though and when we finally fished it, It was about 10 p.m. I wasn't that hungry anymore, but it still tasted delicious. It was also the first time we drank sake. For those who don't know what sake is: sake is an alcoholic drink made of rice. Officially wine made of rice is called: seishu
.
Also it's considered rude to pour a drink for oneself. You pour the drink for your partner as a gesture of hospitality. Your drinking partner pours your drink. 
.
Now that we properly know all this we can start eating and we'll do that with chopsticks, in Japanese they are called: hashi. There are a lot of rules about chopsticks as well. I'll will make a post about them if you want to. There are also ways to make your own chopstick rest. I'll perhaps make a tutorial for that as well. It wonderful if you go out eating and know how to make one. 
.





After all this: Gochisōsama-deshita

Have a wonderful weekend: Loves London

.
Share:

6 comments

Ivo Serentha and Friends said...

My compliments for your blog and pictures included,I invite you in my photoblog "photosphera"

CLICK PHOTOSPHERA

Greetings from Italy

Marlow

Mélanie said...

So beautiful pics ! :)♥

the creation of beauty is art. said...

This is so lovely!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Je suis Sophie said...

Supertoffe fotos! die laatste zijn mooi bewerkt!

Jasmine Nicole said...

so cool! I would love to learn how to make sushi :-)

Hanne Mangelschots said...

Yummie, ziet er superlekker uit!
http://mangelmoes.blogspot.be/

© The Mad Twins | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig