Saturday, November 30, 2013

Now we're back to the beginning

~ Regina Spektor - The Call

London: "Just because everything's changing, doesn't mean it's never been like this before."



What is Lolita?
Lolita is a fashion style and subculture originated in Japan. This this is based on the Victorian-area clothing which you may clearly see if you compare them. This fashion style started in the late 1970's, but nobody know who has started Lolita or nobody exactly knows where the name comes from, but the meaning of the word is 'little girl'. The fun part in my opinion is that people started wearing it and designer were inspired but wearers. The popularity of Lolita was rising thanks to feminized Visual Kei bands in 2000. Lolita isn't a costume and nor it has to do with cosplay. Lolita is now internationalizing, but in Belgium it is not often seen. People thought this fashion was also created against the growing exposure of the body and skin in modern society, so they started to dress themselves cute and elegant rather than sexy!

The dress I got is from 'Lolitadressesshop.com'. I think the dress looks amazing with the detailed print, the lace and ruffles. It's said that lolita dress should have a knee-length, and mine obviously isn't, though I do not mind. I'm 1.69 meter tall and most dresses are made for smaller people, which is why the length is a little on the short site according to lolita, but I think it's still adorable! We have chosen THIS dress because we adored the elegant appearance it had. The sizes are like they say, but I'll suggest if you doubt to take a size larger especially when you want to fit a blouse underneath it, but besides that I really recommend costume size, because you can give the exact measurements and you can ask to make the dress a little longer because you are taller. I definitely would do that next time ^-^ I must say I'm very happy with the dress and the quality is excellent. The wig I'm wearing is also from Lolitadressesshop.com. Honestly, I've never been so satisfied with a wig. I did think it was my own hair. Another positive thing is that there comes a wig-cap with it as well!
One thing I need to warn you about though. Because my package was coming overseas, I had to pay an extra 35 euros and had to wait one and a half week extra for the package to arrive because of the customs. Overall, I'm very satisfied!

Dress: Lolitadressesshop- Wig: Lolitadressesshop - Bag: Sammydress












Share:

24 comments

Ice Pandora said...

Helloooo gorgeous lolita you!
Ik hou wel van de lolita style
en look c: ik voel me nu alleen
wat te oud voor haha :')
Die theepot is ook zo lief <3
Xx

Jackie Harrison said...

Beautiful dress and the history was interesting.
http://tifi11.blogspot.com

Tr3nDyGiRL Fashion Blog said...

Really perfect outfit. very cute doll :)
check my blog if you want too:)
NEW POST -> tr3ndygirl.com

Live-Style20 said...

nice pics!! ;-))


new post

www.live-style20.blogspot.com

Katie Frank said...

You look like porcelain doll. Such beautiful and sensitive, it's just like a paradise <3 I can't even describe it :) Every time I open your blog I see a little bit of Lolita style in <3 it's magic :)

http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com

Ine said...

Je ziet er super uit!! Dat kleedje is zo mooi en elegant. Je kunt trouwens helemaal niet zien dat je een pruik draagt, het ziet er zo echt uit :)

she. said...

Japan has the loveliest trends

Marta said...

Hello from Spain: I like Lolita clothing. Nice dress. Keep in touch

Dea Andriany said...

You really suit classic lolita style! Ugh, I envy your hair, they're so pretty.

Anne said...

OMG how lovely! This is literally the cutest outfit ever and you deserve even more followers than you have. Your photos are perfect <333 New follower here ;) X Anna

www.fashionanna.com

Panty Buns said...

Your dress from LolitaDressesShop is gorgeous! I love ultra-feminine clothing with lace ruffles and bows! I just visited their site. I also love the blouses they have there. It looks like it comes in my size too! (XXL). What a wonderful clothing line!
You look beautiful in that dress from LolitaDressesShop.

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

you are so lovely! i adore this style and these photographs here!


lindsey louise

hellomrrabbitblog.com

Panty Buns said...

I really love that look. You look like a princess from out of a fairytale.
Your dress from Lolitadressesshop.com is gorgeous! I love the ruffles and the bow.

cleartheway said...

This is so cute! I like lolita fashion when it is done tastefully like this.

Eline said...

Je haar is hier zoooo mooi!

Eline said...

(Als je het haar kunt noemen ;)

modanastrychu said...

Awesome !

Caxaxanna said...

this is to kwaii for me just in love!

kiss
something-over.blogspot.pt

monicaharmony said...

Way too pretty!!! Deze outfit posts van jou zijn echt de leukste! :D

Monica Harmony's Blog

Ollyvia Laura Arnold said...

SUPER LOVE THE OUTFIT :)
love reading your blog, It's very refreshing and genuine and I really appreciate that :)
anyway, would you like to follow each other?

SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS

Nicole Aguinaldo said...

Wow you look so beautiful and elegant! I love this post :)

GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
LIKE MY BLOG ON FACEBOOK :)

marieke schreurs said...

Love the great pictures!!!
Looks really cute!!

xx
http://blogbymarieke.blogspot.nl/

Maya Bogaert said...

Wauw komt gelijk uit een film! Zo mooi en die pruik staat je echt super! Mooi kleedje :)

MayClover said...

Wow mooie stijl! :D
I am a big fan of Lolita stijl!
Heb een paar jurken alleen heb nog de *guts* nodig om ze buiten te dragen :') misschien op anime conventions (dan voel ik me meer comfortabel haha).

© The Mad Twins | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig